1. Start your day by diffusing essential oils that are uplifting. Any citrus oil will be a great choice: wild orange, lime and grapefruit are favourites. Mint oils blend very well with citrus. My favourite morning combo is: wild orange and peppermint.
2. Keep a jar of epsom salt next to your bath tub with a selection of oils: lavender, frankincense and sandalwood are my favourites. Add a drop of grapefruit to your dry brush to help detox and uplift your mood.
3. Use a few drops of lemon essential oil in your cleaning routine. I put some drops down my drains, in my dishwasher and make my own window cleaning solution. Add 10 drops of lemon essential oil, ¼ cup of vinegar and 1 cup of water in a glass spray bottle. No streaks and it smells divine.
4. During the day I use a few drops of peppermint oil to energize myself. I have this oil on me at all times to help with headaches, hot flashes and tummy troubles.
5. End your day with soothing oils to set the stage for restful sleep. My favourite blends are: lavender and cedarwood or petitgrain and lavender.
I have discovered that keeping my oils out where I use them encourages their daily use. They are visual reminders around my house, to stop and breathe and allow for a few moments of self-care. With daily use I have developed an intuitive understanding of them. Often if I have a struggle, I will know which oil I need. I am drawn to different oils at different times. There is a season for every oil. They are a constant source of support and inspiration.