This 30 minute sequence will leave you well rested and grounded. Hold each pose for 5 minutes. Remember that yoga is not about how flexible we are, but rather how present we can be. Stay connected to your breath and body. Use these poses to move out of your head space and stay present in your body. Feel yourself grounded, feel yourself steady, feel yourself embodied.
1. Child’s pose – start by separating your knees as wide as your mat. Bring your big toes together and sink your hips back towards your heels. Walk your arms towards the top of your mat and rest your forehead on a pillow, block or the floor. Focus on deep smooth breaths. As you inhale your belly expands, as you exhale relax your body and sink more deeply into the earth.
2. Lying down with diamond legs – lie down on your moment and take a moment to check in with your body. Resist the urge to rush. Bring the soles of your feet together and create a diamond shape with your legs. Bring your hands to your belly to connect to deep abdominal breaths.
3. Lying twist – start by hugging your knees to your chest. Float your knees to the left side and intend your shoulders to connect into the ground as you open your arms wide. If your knees do not connect to the ground, place a pillow or block under them. If comfortable, turn your head to the right. Then repeat on the other side.
4. Legs up the wall – option to place a pillow under your head or hips. Use an eye pillow or gently close the eyes.
5. Savasana – lie back on your mat and reach your feet to the corner edges. Relax your arms away from your body with your palms facing up. Gently close your eyes and deeply relax into the earth.